Friday, April 22, 2011

I have decided.

There is nothing that ice cream can't fix.
I posted this on my facebook, and a friend posted
"Ice cream is the duct tape of life"
So true.

I was sitting here
In distress
Unsure of what to do.
Unsure of what to say.
Unsure.

A friend messaged me
Seemingly normal.
She had no idea that she was helping me completely.
Asked what I was doing, if she could come over
I warned her that I was a mess
And she said she'd be over soon.

She brought ice cream.
Not just ice cream,
But straight up Oreo ice cream.

I think there's a certain comfort and safety in ice cream.
One that makes you feel safe enough to actually open up.
Even if you don't say anything
It's like medication for your soul.

We sat.
I verbal vomitted what I could get up.
She sat
She listened.
Then, she asked,
"Do you want me to tell you what I think? Or do you just want to get it out?"
Not a trace of sarcasm. She was serious, and it was exactly what I needed.
She confirmed things that I had wondered if I was right or just over-reacting
She helped me see what wasn't my fault
And what I don't need to pick up as something that is my fault.

I'm too hard on myself
I blame myself for a lot.

I was so unsure of who I could trust.
Who I could talk to
What I should do.

I'm going through a season change
So there's a lot of things I'm uncertain of
And it just gets hard.
But, last night made things more clear.

I'm not sure what to do about the next month
I guess I'll just take it one day at a time.
See what happens.

But I can face today
I have hope for tomorrow
And I know Who to put my full trust into.
And He will never fail me.

God's love is strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment