Monday, April 18, 2011

Vita est quoque brevis

"Stop worrying and live. Life is too short."

That's what I heard in my head today at work.
I guess my co-worker may be partial to blame. She's been on this "Life is too short" kick where she's not making excuses. Why not do all sorts of things, just because we're able to?
Life is too short.

As I thought of this, I realized that this is what I want.
I want to make some memories.
I want to look back on my life and have a smile on my face
I want stories to tell.

Life is too short.
So, we decided we're going to do all we can to enjoy this short life of ours.
Starting with her and her friend coming out to my parents house to go shooting.
Granted, this is something I do all. the. time.
But, they've never done it, and it's actually on their bucket list.
What greater memory than helping someone meet their goals?

So, what do I want to do with this new found spice for life?
I want to camp out on the beach
I want to see an elephant
I really want to ride an elephant, but I don't know if that's a possibility.
I want to visit Liz in Spain next year
I want to see friends at TBI
I want to see Clarissa
I want to see Rachel McKissack
I want to taste foods I've never tasted
I want to see things I've never seen
I want to experience things I've never experienced.

I want to go places
I want to laugh
I want to spend time with people I care about.
I don't want to worry
I want to just jump.

I have life.
For how long, who knows?
So whether I have 3 months or 30 years
I want to live.
I want to live while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment