Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fact. March 24, 2011

I watch The Today Show every weekday morning.
I try and catch the Channel 6 10 o'clock news every night
And if I can The Jay Leno Show.
Simply because it reminds me of home.
I feel like I'm close to my family when I do
Like there's at least that one thing that's right in the world.
That one thing that's predictable, familiar.

I love my family, and I miss them immensely.
I'm not 100% certain why it is such a strong feeling sometimes. Like right now.
I almost cry out of homesickness.
I was like this as a small child.
Tears would stream down my face anytime I went to camp, and I had to call my parents before bed when I was at a sleepover.


I'm growing up.
I can't always be like a child.
Times are changing
Everyone is getting older.

Maybe that's what scares me.
Ever since I was a little girl, my biggest fear was that something would happen to my parents, specifically my dad.
It really scared the mess out of me. I prayed against it frequently.
And now as I get older, I'm so afraid that something will happen to them out of old age, or stress or something.
I pray against it all the time.

I can't let this fear grip me.
I have to trust in the fact that no matter what happens, God has me in the palm of His hand and will take care of me.
God taking care of me is inevitable.
I shouldn't be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment