Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Squeeze the Trigger.

I was talking to a dear friend of mine the other night.
She made a valid point.
One that probably altered my life in a drastic way.

I know some pretty important things about my life
And people have been having dreams about some other big things.

She mentioned that I shouldn't go around looking for it.
That I know it'll happen, so I should just let it happen
Because if I try and figure it out, I could end up making it take longer than it would have or could have.
Instead of happeneing when I'm, say, 30 it would take til I'm 90.
Make sense?

So, I believe God gave me this analogy.

It's like shooting a hand gun.
To get an accurate shot, you want to squeeze the trigger.
You know that it's going to shoot, and that it'll kick, but you want to squeeze it, because if you anticipate it and squeeze too quickly, then you'll jerk and throw your shot off. You might still hit the target, but it won't be as precise.

In my life, and probably in most people's lives, maybe even yours, I need to "squeeze the trigger" so to speak.
I know what's coming in life, but I need to just let it happen
Squeeze the trigger.
Because if I anticipate it and squeeze too quickly, I might still hit the target, but it will throw it off.

It makes sense to me.
Quite a lot of sense.

It's my current map for my life, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment