Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dreams.

so.
What the heck.
My friend came up to me today and said,
"Emilee, you were in my dream"
"Oh, really? What was it about?"
"Come here, I don't want to say it too loud"
"Okay..."
"I had a dream like you were engaged"
"What?!"
"Yeah"
"Do we know the guy"
"Yes, we do. In my dream, he was about to leave, and before he did, he came up to me and told me y'all were engaged."
"Let me just ask you, would you approve of this guy?"
"Oh definitely"

So. I just had a dream like I was married.
To someone we know.
And, I'm kind of afraid that it's the same person in both dreams.
My friend wouldn't tell me who it was in his dream, but I have a feeling...

I'm really praying about this
Because, I think he told the guy.
I'm not sure, though.

It's interesting, that everytime I come to the mindset of contentment, of not wanting to get married, of wanting to stay close to my family. So many things. That is when these things come up.
Either, I'll have a dream, or someone else will tell me they had a dream, or something like that.
And, it confuses me.
Is this something trying to trip me up?
Or is this God trying to tell me something?

I thought about this tonight.
Quite a bit.
Regardless if this becomes something or not, it's something I need to pray about.
And, I can't go off of other people's opinions, because not everyone is going to agree with me.
I just need to go off of God's opinion.
That's what matters.
And I have to trust that He's not going to let me go down any path that will make me mess up.
I prayed a dangerous prayer that He would get rid of this if need be, and keep me from anything that isn't of Him. No matter how painful.
I'd rather have the pain, than lose something I've waited my entire life for.
But, at the same time, I'm not limiting God.

I have a lot to journal about.

No comments:

Post a Comment