Saturday, March 26, 2011

sorrow lasts for the night...

So, the other night, my heart was feeling super heavy.
I didn't fully understand why.
One reason was to get me to pray for someone who was going through something I was unaware of at the time
The other was something for me before it happened.

Still, my friend prayed for me.
I couldn't hear what she said, but I knew it must be good, because what I felt was unmistakable.

Peace.

She text me later. Ironically, right as everything was unfolding.
It wasn't technically "tragic" but it's something really hard for me to deal with.
It's a topic that I'm personally working on
So, just the fact that she was there, texting me, encouraging me as it was unfolding made me smile.
Even though all this pain was looking me in the face, and had every reason to smile through it all.
God was proving Himself, that I will be okay.
That this wasn't my fault
That there is nothing I could do about it
And my friend, in her ever-wise words told me
"It's okay to grieve this, you know..."
So, I'm not crazy
or emotional
or stupid for feeling this way.
To know I was okay was exactly what I needed...
Then, she tells me what it was she was praying earlier
Praying against Depression
Praying against Loneliness
Praying against Abandonment...
To know that God had me covered in prayer before everything happened...
At the same time, my other friend was texting me that she loved me
So, I had love from two different aspects of my life.

Even though I cried myself to sleep that night
The tears dry
And the days get better.
The sun still shines
There is still so much to be happy about
And thankful for.
The sorrow lasts for the night
but joy comes in the morning
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment