Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Your mom.

My mom came to see me today.
I really miss her.
I don't think I've ever missed her this much.
Honestly, it's a new emotion for me.
Well, not new, but one I haven't felt in a very long time.
I can't confidently say that I know how to handle it.
She's not too far away, but far enough.
Everything is so new
And I'm not sure how it's going
And I'm not 100% comfortable yet.
I know I'll be okay. I will.


This life I live is more than I realize
More than I know.
I've known this for a while
I guess now it's just starting to set in.
It's beginning to become reality.
This life isn't about me.
I have to and am learning to fully trust God with everything in me
To trust that He has me and my life in His hands
And that I don't have to worry about anything.
That when things go a little weird, I can be okay.
That when I'm feeling nervous, I can take heart.
That when I'm feeling homesick, I can know that my family loves and supports me.
That they always will.
I can set my eyes towards what is true
What is eternal.
That is what is certain.
Jesus loves me, He has my best intentions at heart.
And He's taking care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment