Friday, February 25, 2011

Soothe.

I made gelato practically all day today.
It was very draining
And for some reason, I just felt like crying.
I still am not one hundred percent sure why.

I ended up leaning my head on the machine
To my surprise, it made me feel at ease.

I guess it's the shake of the machine.
It makes you feel like when you were a kid riding in the car while your mom was driving around town. How the motion of the moving vehicle just seemed to soothe you.
Or the feel of sitting in the middle of a rain storm.
When the rain is just completely dousing your head and you're soaked to the bone.

What is it that's comforting about these things?

My co worker walked into the back, and when he saw me, he just laughed.
I'm sure I looked absolutely ridiculous.
But, inside, I found peace.
Peace in the familiar that I found in the new.

It very well may have been the highlight of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment