Monday, February 28, 2011

Thoughts from the gelato prep table.

Have you ever wondered what your last day will be like?
I mean, everyone will have one.
It's inevitable.
Death and taxes, the two things you can't avoid.
Even if you did avoid death, you'll still have a last day.

Will it be one of those where it seems fairly normal?
Wake up, go to work, go for a run, see a few friends
Or will it be a special occasion?
Will you be alone that day?
Or just have a full day of classes?
Will the last thing you eat be leftover spaghetti from two nights ago?

Well, I do.
I wonder.
A lot.
About many things
Generally all over the spectrum.

I like wondering
It makes you feel like you have potential.
Like you have something to offer the world.
Like you can change it.

I have found recently that I just want to be in the presence of the Lord.
I don't know if it's because I was at the burn for the 18 hours, which I've never done before.
I only left to get canvases and pillows.
I'm really not sure what has brought this on
But I long for it.
I don't think I've ever yearned this much.
Not like this, at least.
I think the last time I got this close was TBI my first year.

I mean, I've wanted to be in the Lord's presence
But I don't know if I've ever longed and yearned like this.

I'm so glad that He's with me wherever I go.

Certain people have weighed heavier on my heart.
Including my co-worker, Liz.
I really want her to know Jesus like I do.
She's my favorite co-worker.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I like the people I work with
And they're all pretty great
But, there's something about Liz.

Maybe it's the potential I see.
That her life is more than her.
That she can really accomplish huge things.
The fact that she's faithful, and puts her whole heart into things.
She's thorough.
I don't know
But, I pray for her a lot.
Maybe I'll get an opportunity soon to feel her out more as to where she is with God
What her thoughts are, and all.

Jesus, I long to know You more.
I long to feel You with every breath.
I long to share You with every single person I come across.
I long to show them this love.
Jesus, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment