Thursday, June 23, 2011

(Learning To Be) Selfish. ©

Ugly clouds. Rain pouring down.
Both inside and out.
I try not to slip or lose my grip
Taking the necessarily selfish route.
Just when I think I've reached my brink
More gets poured on top.
Breathe in deep, allow release
The rain will eventually stop.
Shut off my brain before I go insane
Don't try to please anybody.
Forget everyone, they can keep their sun
This rain came just for me.





Truth is, I'm not sure how I feel about this one.
Simply because it rhymns the whole way through.
Those always feel fake to me.
Or forced.
There are few that don't.
This one wasn't hard to write, I didn't fight to find the rhymns...
I don't know.

And I would put what inspired this
Why I wrote each line
But, there are people who read this blog that I don't know read it for sure.
And I don't want to fully express anything.

Shout out to my sister
This poem isn't about her, but she stalks me :)
<3 <3 <3
She's a great sister.
I love her
Y'all should all be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment