Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Martyr's Song.

I read this book by Ted Dekker.
It was a Half Price Books find that I picked up.
My dad was looking for new authors. He's an avid reader, and has read all of his book numerous times. I had remembered my SA at TBI reading books by him, so I was looking for him for my dad.

I didn't know it was part of a series until I read the forward that said you didn't have to read them in any certain order.
Good thing, because I didn't.
It was actually a short read.
A short read that leaves you floored.

Really, I don't even know what to think or feel right now.

The book comes with a CD.
In the book, there's a song.
I'll try not to say anymore so I don't ruin the book, although I don't think it would ruin it...
But, the song is one that Todd Agnew recorded with The Martyr's Song in it.
I popped it in after reading the book.

It starts with the chorus that you read in the book.
"Sing, O son of Zion
Shout, O child of mine
Rejoice with all your heart and soul and mind."

As I heard the song, I could have sang along.
But, I've never heard the song.
I remember finding it on Itunes before
but I don't ever remember hearing the chorus...

I just bought the other books in the series on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment