Friday, January 22, 2010

really.

What is my life.
Really.
I mean, here I am
going through every day...
seemingly similar motions, with a few bumps to face.

But, why?

What is the point?
What long term goal do I have?

What if everything in front of me, everything familiar was stripped away.
What if everyone turned their backs on me, and I was left completely alone to start over...
What then?

Well, I supposed I would be okay.
This life isn't about me anyway.
Things and people are nice and all, but, really.

I may not know where my life is going, I may be relying completely on blind trust (faith)
but, maybe that's what I'm supposed to be doing...
I mean, how many people do I encounter daily...
umm...a lot.
If I can affect their day for the better, then my day was successful.

I may not see the long term effects, or any effect at all, really, but I don't know what it meant to them.

It may be seen one minute, forgotten the next, but in that initial moment, it held worth.
It helped that person get through that moment.
And that is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment