Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Maybe this is the inclination that I should be paying better attention...
It seems as though anytime something is bothering me, I'm missing signals to pray for other big things...
...you see...
Every time something big has happened--since shortly after Columbine--I've had a feeling preluding it.
For Example, my friend I hadn't seen in 2 years' suicide, London bombings (actually called that one), Virginia Tech shootings, Amish community shootings, etc.
I've written about it in my journals, or sometimes I would verbally say "I have a feeling something is about to happen..." Then the next day we'd see it on the news.

Well, the Haiti Earthquake happened.
And I got to thinking...
"Man, I don't think I called this one like I usually do...what's wrong with me? What am I not doing that I need to be? Am I not praying enough?" and so on...
Last night I was looking through some files on my computer, and one of them was "Journal notes"
It's what I do when I haven't had time to journal in a while so I don't forget what has happened, and it holds significance.
Well, one of them said "Pastor Tommy/Haiti"

I stopped in my tracks...
...when was this written?
12.29.09
a few weeks before the earthquake.
Okay, so was that my inclination?
was my brain so loud that it wouldn't shut up enough for God to tell me to pray for this, so He sent it in a dream?
A lot was going on during that time...
And I did notice that as soon as it fixed, Haiti happened.
And I hadn't been dreaming recently before that, then all of a sudden I was having dreams, and remembering them, and they were all significant.

Then, I realized all of this last night...
And started feeling it again.
Prayed slightly, but probably not as much as I could of...
I thought it was just because I had heard from my Haitian friend Colbert, and he said that both his brothers had died...and my heart hurt for him...
Then I wake up to find there was another substantial tremor that hit Haiti---6.1 magnitude.

Why don't I pay more attention to these things?

Maybe this is what the scripture meant by praying on all occasions, with all types of prayer, and praying in the spirit when you don't know what to pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment