Saturday, August 10, 2013

You never know.

If you're like me, you live a rather simple life.
Day to day, nothing flashy.
Wake up, routine, sleep.

Just know it's more than that.
You're daily life could be speaking more than you know.

I know for me, today my friend's daily life spoke more to me than she'll ever know.
And really, it's not just the one day it spoke. It's her daily life, and our interaction that helped me out in a simple yet astounding way.
I've had some hard days, and I've been just trying to figure out how to react and what to do and say and how to feel. It's not an uncommon thing to happen to me, this thing I've had lingering. But it is the first time it's happened since I've really come into myself. Even though things seemingly went to poop, I didn't cry a single tear. And not out of stubbornness, either. Journaling about it got me to shaking, and it definitely bothered me, but on the inside, I am unshakable. There's something deep down that's holding me together, that's whispering in my ear that things will be okay. Subtle confirmations that when I look back, this will all be worth it.
I know this is the Holy Spirit helping me. We're tight. hehehe.
And today, He used my friend's life to show me hope.

She's simple. Nothing flashy. Sure, she's immensely talented, but she's level headed about it. I think that's what makes her talent so great and so captivating--that her confidence ends there. It's confidence. It doesn't cross that line into cockiness or pride. She is who she is, and she's just fine with that. She's kind and funny and really seems to enjoy life. She's a light. Today I saw her in her element of talent. And I think what stuck out to me the most is how her character off the stage shows on stage through her gifts. She'd probably laugh at me saying all of this, or be like, super touched. Who knows. The point is; today, her life gave me hope. That I, too, can live my life and that be enough. That I don't have to change for anyone. Even down to the bunny I still sleep with at 24 years old. She is who she is, and that's why she is so lovable.
That is what I am finally starting to figure out, and am so grateful to be learning no matter how painful the lesson may prove to be. And I am eternally grateful for the example she is to me at this time in my life.

Thank you, Brandy. I'm honored to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment