Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Birthday.

Tomorrow is my birthday.
I really never know how to feel about them
and, honestly, I'm kinda looking forward to it being over...
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to feel that my day is special to me
and in a lot of ways it is
I mean, come on...
It's elephant appreciation day
Dear Diary Day
and the day the ice cream cone was invented.

That's me in a nut shell.

And it's also my birthday day.
The day that I turn the age that is the coordinating number of the day I was born
(22 on the 22nd)
I've been looking forward to this since I figured out when I was about 8 or 9 years old.

Anyways.
Something I've noticed about people when they have a birthday is that they say "Thank You, God, for giving me another year."
Umm... how do you know?
not that God has given it to you, because I know He makes every morning
But that fact that you have another year.
a whole 365 days.
I mean, honestly, it's not garanteed...
Granted, most people will see the next entire year
But, we aren't invincible.

I'm not meaning to sound morbid, or depressing, or whatever
Just meaning to put things into perspective.

So, as my birthday approaches tomorrow
I choose to thank God for giving me that day.
Another one.
Another opportunity to live for Him.
To be His hands and feet.
That's all my heart desires...
To be His hands, feet, arms and heart.

Thank You, Jesus, for another day to do just that.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment