Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'll just have to accept it.

It kinda disappoints me to know that there are some dreams I will never reach...
To know that there are some things I can never change...
To know that no matter how hard I try, I'm still gonna fall short in life.

So, why still try?
Why put forth any effort when I know I'll just be falling short?
Why put my whole life into this...

...honestly, how could I not?
If what I do can influence just one, then it is well worth it.
Someone put their whole life into what they did...
Took that risk, got slapped in the face, and failed...
But, succeeded.
To someone, I was that one.
And, maybe it'll be a combination of people. Maybe it'll take more than one to get people to understand it
But if we all don't give up, we can help them understand.
Together, we can change their world
and in doing so, change the whole world.

So, for you, and for them, I won't give up.
I won't lay down, I won't hang up my hat.
I won't let myself get discouraged...
So that together, we can reach them.

No comments:

Post a Comment