Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Space.

Some days I just have less patience for people.
It's nothing personal,
But seriously, stop being an idiot.

Stop trying to "fix me,"
Or spouting off dumb reasons you think I'm acting this way to help it make sense to you.
Stop trying to fit me into a box.
It hasn't happened in 25 years; it's not gonna happen.

Quit trying to make me succumb to you and your plans.
I know what's best for me and you doing that is seen as invasive,
Even if your intentions are good.
It only makes me feel a tinge of guilt for the way I feel.
Which isn't fair.

So, if I'm distant, leave me alone.
If I'm quiet, don't talk to me.
Don't take it personally.

Chances are, efforts to try and do something to fix me will just result in me wanting to avoid you even more.

Stop.
Have a little respect and give me the space I ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment