Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Human.

I am one person.
One human.
Sometimes everything life has to throw at me soars towards my face within moments of each other.
Sometimes I just don't know how to handle it.

So if I seem a little off.
If I get quiet.
If I can't seem to predict what is wrong with you and have a solution before you ask me.
If I take some time to respond.
If I seem to be avoiding you.
Please, understand I am human.

I have things that go wrong with me.
It takes me some time to process these things.
I have to take my health into consideration now.
And sometimes I just don't have time for anyone besides myself.
Not because I'm selfish.
No, simply because if I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of others. There would be no me here to take care of others.

So, give me my space.
Get your nose out of my business.
If you're going to use words, make them kind.

In fact, that should be a common practice for you anyway.
Kind words can heal or hurt.
And we may not remember what they were, but we'll remember the feeling attached to them.

Maya Angelo introduced us to this generation to that concept.
She also died today.

2 comments: