Monday, June 16, 2014

I like who I am.

I like me.
I like who I am.
How many people can actually say that?

Sure, I'm not perfect.
I have hurt people
I've said things I shouldn't have
I've not said things I should have said
I've failed.

But those aren't the things that define me.
I used to think they did, but the truth is the opposite.
Sometimes I think I can do better, sometimes I can do better
But I try my hardest to strive for my best every day.
To carry peace
To love while I have the time
To make sure people I come in contact with know they are loved.

I will fail, it's inevitable.
But if I succeed even once, it makes the effort worth it.

I like the people I have in my life.
I like what I choose to spend my time on.
I like my choices.

This isn't an over night thing
Oh no,
This is something I've been choosing my whole life.
And I don't regret a second.

Sometimes it doesn't make sense.
Sometimes it hurts to put so much out there
But it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment