Friday, December 18, 2009

so simple.

So, chances if you've spent time with me over the last 6 years, you know I've been sick. The doctors had no idea what was wrong with me. I felt like a guinea pig with all the medications they were trying on me to see if it would work because they were clueless. "Maybe you have IBS" "It could be diverticulitis" "Take this and lets see if it's a stomach ulcer" "Have you thought about if you may be lactose or gluten intolerant?" blah blah blah blah blah.

Pretty much any time I would eat, I would feel really icky. Sometimes it would get so bad that I wouldn't be able to move, sometimes it was just a little nausea. I never knew which day woul be a good day, and which ones would floor me. It became common for me to not eat on days I had to work or knew I would be busy so I'd be able to make it through the day. Especially on Tuesdays when I had dance, if I didn't eat by 2:30, I would still be feeling sick at my 6 o'clock dance class.

Well, last week at my dance class, I asked my dance teacher what she suggested I did about not being able to stand in first position. As long as I can remember, it's just never been possible, and one of my past teachers just told me to stand in either 2nd or 3rd. But, these are not 1st. So. It's not right. When Ms. Ann came over to me, she simply said, "Oh, your legs are hyperextended."

Okay...
I was kinda confused.
She showed me the proper way to stand. Apparently the way I have been standing for at least the past 10 years--especially since I've gotten taller and tended to slouch to keep eye-level with people--has been wrong.
We continued on with the class and after about five minutes, my heart rate freaked out, I became short of breath, and I could feel my stomach digesting--something that I haven't felt in...I don't know how long. I decided to try consciencously standing correctly to see what would happen.
This entire week, I have not felt sick AT ALL.
The week before this, I was curled up in a ball crying because I felt so terrible. I cried out to God, asking Him what in the world was wrong with me, and to show me how to fix it.

Apparently, correcting hyperextension is the ticket. Something so simple, yet it made such a huge difference. Thank you all so much for all your prayers, and even those of you who cared for me, you guys are so awesome.
This just proves once more how completely amazing Jesus is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment