Sunday, September 29, 2013

Instep

We had a big dance festival this weekend.
Is it pathetic that I've been away from my dance friends for not even a day and I already miss them? Like, I want to cry a little because there's this longing inside me to be immersed in the dance world. To be with those sweet friends, and laughing, and loving life.
I'll see them tomorrow, even. What makes this day so difficult?
Maybe it's the fact that I know I'm about to be out of dance for an unknown amount of time.
Maybe it's the longing of my youth to have been filled with such wonderful things as I see some of these girls have. Almost a regret that I couldn't have lived my life more fully.
But really, if I and my fellow twenty-somethings hadn't gone through our lives of seemingly simple-dom, would we be here to make sure these girls get to enjoy theirs so much? Would they have anyone to inspire them to greatness as they go through their classes? These girls are surrounded by so many people of quality, and I was able to see that shine through so many of the people I interact with Monday's and Thursday's. It's almost like they get to jump over the craziness that some of the older girls in the class seem to be tormented with. These girls get to have stability as their example, and seeing that striving for the greatness that is in them is fun. And in return, they are wildly successful. They are budding into beautiful dancers, and it brings me near tears to know that they have the beautiful character to match.
I love these girls with a love that can't be put into words. Almost as if they were my younger sisters.
This studio really is a family. And I am so beyond grateful to be a part of it.

<3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment