Saturday, October 9, 2010

Regret.

I woke up contemplative today.
I guess my weekend has opened my mind and heart to many a-thing.

I started thinking about recent times I've used the word "regret"
What things I considered to be regretable.
Times I didn't spend with people
Decisions I made
Things I said
Things I didn't say

People I may have hurt
People I didn't give a chance to

So many things I could consider regretable.

Then, I really thought about it.

I've found the best things in my life to be the things I didn't expect.
You know, those things that come about so perfectly that you can only look back and wonder "How did this even happen?"
Friendships you never expected
Opportunities you never saw coming
Right place, right time kind of things.

So, if these things that find there way are the perfect things
Why do I try so hard?
Why do I try and take control
Make things happen
Get upset when life doesn't make sense?

The best things in life are the things that find their own way.

In this realization, I noticed that actuality is that my biggest regret is regret.
There's a reason I made the decisions I did
It was a different time
I was different that day then I have grown to be now.
Even though, in retrospect I may have done something differently
there's something about how I did things that day that got me to where I am today.

Things won't always be perfect
but I choose to believe they'll always be the way they're suppose to be
As long as you're doing what you're suppose to be doing
Doing the best you can.

So, to all my friends that just happened
The ones I look back on and wonder, "how did we even meet?"
I thank you.
If something happens in the future that causes us to grow apart
I just want to thank you for the time we have now.
I don't regret it.
Even if pain is in the future.
Who's to know what tomorrow holds anyway?
Ultimately, we can't control it.
So why try?

Let's just enjoy the heck out of today.
While we still have it
Before more time passes and life takes us all sorts of places.

Enjoy today for you.
However that may be.
Whethere it's doing something planned
Going on some trip
Or just watching movies at home
Or sitting in a coffee shop
Or meet up for 15 minutes in between classes.

Life is what you make it, but it's also what it makes of you.
You can't control everything.
Why not leave that to Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment