Saturday, April 17, 2010

Get out of my head.

My favorite flower growing up was always a rose…but, as I got older, I dropped this.And, it wasn’t until today that I figured out why.

I heard so many people say, “Roses are so overrated…everyone has red roses at their wedding. I don’t like them.”

Apparently, hearing that enough, I conformed my thought patterns to that of those around me…
Not anymore.

It began last Wednesday with three red roses, and a wonderful revelation of Jesus through them.

It continued yesterday. In picking my car.
The Sonata is newer, it’s more professional-looking on the inside, it has less milage on it, and I do believe it was my mom’s favorite of the two.
But.
When it came down to it, it was my decision.
Before I enlisted the help of friends ( :D ), I test drove a red Kia, simply because the Silver Sonata was getting it’s oil changed, and they’re practically the same car. So, after finding a picture of Taylor Swift on the ground by the car, I get in with my mom.
As I turn on the car, the thought occurs. “You’ve always wanted a little red car…”I haven’t thought that in…I can’t even remember how long.Then, all the thoughts come flooding back, of how I didn’t want the explorer because it was tan and ugly and big but it wasn’t my choice because it was my sister’s car first, how the first name Turbo had was “Rose”, and many other things…I kinda sat in a shock brought on by realization.

Why did I change my car’s name? Because I thought people thought it was a stupid name… Why did I start despising little red cars? Because people said they got pulled over easier by popo’s.
So, what did I do?
I picked the red car :)
And it was confirmed that the red car was more “me”

I’ve decided I’m really going to be myself.
Screw what other people say.
I’ve always been told I’m unique and stuff, but I think I’m just now starting to embrace it.

I love Jesus
I’ve never dated
I like elephants
I hate stickers and donuts
I like red roses and purple flowers of any kind
I’ve always wanted a little red car
I’m simple, and that makes things complicated
My love languages are quality time and physical touch. I know you love me if you spend time with me. I really know you love me if you touch me.
I love photography
I crochet
I sign
Rome is my favorite place
I’m very sentimental
I tend to take everything to heart, because I put my heart into everything
If I’m not listening to music, I have it playing in my head loud enough for me to not be able to tell.
I’m clumsy
I want to go to Morocco.
I miss going to the Hebrew thing I went to when I was little.
I bake some killer brownies
I like meeting new people. I’m just usually scared that the feeling isn’t mutual.
I love laughing
Puppies always make things better.
I’ve journaled since I was twelve. And I’m so grateful for it.
I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment