Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'll hate to say goodbye. ©

I see you there,
sitting in a coffee shop in a city foreign to me, but where?
You look up from your book, is it me you're thinking of?
Wondering if I think of you, too?
I do.
I wonder, when I see you will I get lost in your eyes?
Will your arms hold me tight as I take in your smell?
Will I even think about my camera, or use my God-given senses to make our memories?
For all I know, you'll stay in my imagination.
Non-existent except to my day dreams.
Where we laugh at the quirky things I do and how I burned the dinner I tried to make.
Where we enjoy the sunset in silence, soaking up the fact we're in each others company.
Where I can't stop smiling, but when something causes a frown to form on my face, you're there to do what you can to make sure I feel safe.
So when you finish your coffee, and your book is read.
When you're finished finding yourself in that foreign city,
Please come find me.
I anxiously await your arrival
And the adventures we will have
And the memories we'll make.
After we finally say hello
Oh, how I'll hate to say goodbye.
7.27.11 (1:34pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment