Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Days like these...

I have the immense desire to write, but I can't seem to find the subject.
Something in me begs to put pen to paper, to rid myself of this burden, but I can't think of where to begin.
It makes me wish I was back in school. That I was back at my private school, specifically. Where there was always something to write, always notes to take, always scriptures to memorize.
This new job I have makes me feel like that. I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure what to expect with it. But I'm hopeful.
That camaraderie that I had. Back when life was pure, when there wasn't any distractions. Just simple, focused, normal fun. Life in it's purest form.
I want to find how I can have that in it's escalated version.  The grown up image of myself. The 25-year-old version of 9-year-old Emilee.
That is my new quest, my search. to find that balance; reality of now to the warmth of then.

I wish I could cut out all the distractions. All the things that weren't around back then that do nothing today but make us insecure. The constant limelight we can't escape. Sure, there are things that are wonderful about social media, but there is so much of it that makes life so much more complicated than it has to be.

Dreams recently have been making me curious. I don't really know what to make of them. There has to be something. I need to journal. I need to get this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment