Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Might as well

When I first got this week's schedule, I was a little sad. it was really odd and seemed like it would make the week difficult.
But, I figured it was probably only for the one week, so I would manage.

Little did I know that this was beyond me.

I got asked to open the shop after closing, which sounds insane, but really it helped me. It gave me extra tips that I need and an extra hour. It also made time go by quickly.
I planned on going to sleep early, but kept getting woken up. At about 11pm, I was finally drifting off to sleep when my phone rings. Pastor Glenn asked me if I could help with outreach tables on campus.
I usually would be working, but since my schedule was different, I was able to help.
Which meant a lot to them.

it's been an off week for a lot of people. It's interesting that so many of us have seemed to be facing oppositin at the same time.
But, we endure.

Helping on campus was really cool. I had never done it before (I've never even gotten to go to school) But it definitely was neat to help.
I'm  not usually extroverted, but I really felt like even if they didn't want to hear what information I had to give them that I may be able to offer some form of encouragement, just with being there. And that there would be those out there just hungry for what God has for them, that they'll come check it out.

I had one girl cuss at me. I laughed. Because, it really was funny.
she thought she was tough stuff, holding such dominance over me. Telling me, "F*** no" when she walked by first And then just saying, "Jesus Christ..." as she walked out. 
She didn't have to walk past us
And I don't think she realized she knew me.
I went to high school with her, had her for a class.
It just makes me laugh
And also sad, because she doesn't get it...

We had some persecution this time around, which was interesting.
It breaks my heart to think that there is so much against us even just inviting people... that simply because it's about Jesus, our allowance to do so is threatened. Especially when so many other things are allowed. Things that don't bring joy, or peace, or kindness. Just because someone gets offended about the truth... it breaks my heart...
it really does.
Don't they know that the thing they are rejecting is the very thing that will set them free?

My heart goes out...

No comments:

Post a Comment