Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Should be lookin' forward.

I'm human.
I'm imperfect.
I screw up.
I love.
I hurt.
I get confused
And I'm sure I confuse plenty.

So, why I can't I just accept this fact and move forward toward the future?

I feel extremely guilty about it.
I shouldn't.
I'm forgiven.
I've even asked forgiveness from the people I hurt.
Even though it took me a while to realize what I did.
Years, in some cases.

So, why does it still bother me?
I don't know...
I guess because I don't understand
And I don't want it to happen again.

I've had some pretty great friends slip away.
Because of stupid differences and petty arguments.
Now, I wonder what even happened...
Some, I can pinpoint reasons.
Some I can't.
Either way, I miss them.
I miss the memories.

Why don't I just accept I can't have what once was
and move on.

I have plenty to be grateful for here and now.

I guess I'm just afraid it'll become like everything else.
Because I suppose it's all I've known.

I can't let fear run my life anymore.
I'm a new me.
I wish I could just start over.
Have everyone forget the me they know, and just become a new person.

If only it was that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment