Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Ya know, I've been in a funk of sorts for a few weeks now.
And I don't really care that I'm here.
Today, though, it started feeling really lonely
But I didn't know who I even wanted.
I couldn't really think of anyone
No one that could get this complexity in me.
And I was okay with that. Content.

I got a text. From a dear friend of mine.
Hadn't heard from her in a while, but she needed to get something off her chest.
No matter what, no matter where we are, or where life takes us, we know we can always text each other.
We'll be there.
And I realized.
Until whatever I'm on the brink of happens,
I'm not alone.
When no one else gets me, when I find myself in this dark place. When the only thing that makes sense is seclusion, she meets me there.
So I can get through these dark times
These times when nothing makes sense.
These transition times when my heart is ahead of my reality.

that is a cherished friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment